About this policy
You have come through to this page from Find A Babysitter.com.au, a website which is published by Gameshape Pty Ltd ABN 42 260 892 168.
Gameshape Pty Ltd is committed to complying with privacy laws. Privacy laws may give you the right to be informed about Gameshape Pty Ltd’s collection, use, storage and disclosure of your personal information. This policy is to give you that information.
Privacy laws may give you important privacy rights in respect of your personal information which are in addition to your rights referred to in this policy.
We may have additional terms relevant to our collection and use of your personal information. These are important. They may provide for certain contract commitments and consents from you to us and other legitimate bases for our personal information processing, depending on the nature of your dealings.
Who we are
In this policy Gameshape Pty Ltd ABN 42 260 892 168 and its related group entities is referred to as “Gameshape Pty Ltd”, “us”, “our” or “we”. Gameshape Pty Ltd’s contact details are at the privacy contact details below.
Important information about consent: In some cases, privacy law may require Gameshape Pty Ltd to obtain consent before it can collect, use and disclose your personal information. Explicit consent may be required in some cases, for example, in relation to sensitive information. Some privacy laws also require consent for the use of certain personal information for direct marketing. Where we require such consent, the media through the personal relevant data is collected will generally include a mechanism for your consent.
What kinds of personal information we collect and hold
The personal information we collect and hold is what we consider reasonably necessary for our business functions and activities. When we collect and hold personal information, it is generally of the kind we ask for in order to provide our goods and services and what arises from that. Specifically, we collect
- full name
- date of birth
- telephone numbers
- communication preferences
- languages spoken
- education qualifications
- what is provided to us with consent. This may include your About Me description and profile photo. It may also include financial information to enable us to process payments for our services
- what is provided to us pursuant to a contract with us
- automatically collected information from visits to our online sites. This is generally the identifier of the device you are using (for example the Internet protocol (IP) address); login information; browser type and version; location and time zone settings; browser plug-in types and versions; operating system and platform and information about visits to the site. Examples of this are the uniform resource locators (URLs) of locations visited through and from [name]’s sites (including date and time), what was viewed or searched for, response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction information (such as scrolling and clicks).
Collecting your personal information from others
We may collect your personal information other than from you directly. These sources are generally those with who we have a reasonable expectation of their lawful ability to provide us with the relevant personal information. Examples are those who support our data analytics activities and who may have a contract with you, and those who support our business operations. Examples of third party sources with whom we may have relationships from time to time are:
- entities involved in fulfilment processes such as [e.g. Stripe, Apple]
- entities involved in marketing and advertising technology such as [examples e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, AppStore, Google (and Google Play) and Amazon]
We may also collect non-sensitive personal information by automated means, for example through use of technologies which may not be apparent, sometimes known as cookies. There is a lot of information publicly available about how cookies work and how to change your device's browser settings. For example, see materials published by the Australian Government’s Australian Signals Directorate’s Australian Cyber Security Centre. These include materials regarding cookies and security: https://www.cyber.gov.au/acsc/view-all-content/guidance/cookies-and-security.
How we collect and hold personal information
Collection of the personal information: When we collect personal information about you, we do so by making a record of it. We do this when:
- you communicate with us
- you communicate with others via our online sites
- you use our online sites to transact with us or with others
- you subscribe to our information services
- you express an interest in taking part in our events
- you take part in any trade promotions, testimonials, ratings, surveys, focus groups and research we are involved in
- you deal with us in other ways involving a need for personal information to be provided, such as when you make contact with us or seek assistance from our customer services.
We may also collect personal information by accessing personal or other data from the other sources then analysing that data together with the information we already hold about you for the purposes outlined below.
Holding of personal information: Personal information we hold is generally stored in computer systems. These may be operated by us or by our service providers.
Why we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information
For your personal information sourced from you, third parties or from us, we have a range of purposes for collections, holdings, uses and disclosures. These purposes may apply to any or all of the personal information we collect, hold, use and disclose. These are generally as follows:
- responding to requests or enquiries regarding our goods and services for example
- sending information
- marketing to you: This may be direct marketing to you by ourselves or by third parties we select. This may be to promote our goods or services or those of third parties. It may take a variety of forms, for example electronic communications (such as email and SMS), telephone or regular mail. It may take the form of advertising which has been facilitated by cookies used when you are visiting our, or third parties’ online sites.
- administering our sites, for example troubleshooting, data analytics, testing, research, statistical and survey activities
- improving our online sites to present content in an effective manner
- facilitating participation in any interactive features of our services
- measuring and understanding the effectiveness of our marketing and to deliver relevant marketing
- making suggestions and recommendations about goods or services that may be of interest
- combining some of the personal information we hold with other personal information about you sourced from others and using the combined information for the above purposes
- communicating with actual or prospective sellers or buyers of businesses or assets in which we have an interest. In the event of a sale, the personal information we hold about you may be included in the transferred assets
- complying with any legal obligations
- enforcing or applying contract terms
- protecting the rights, property or safety of our businesses, customers or others. This may include exchanging information with others for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Important information about your opt out rights for direct marketing: Regardless of our source of your personal information and of the basis on which we collect or hold it, it is our policy to observe your rights under your privacy law to opt out of our direct marketing to you. Our direct marketing materials will generally tell you how to do this, but if you are not sure, a member of our privacy team will help you. Contact details for our privacy team are below.
Where we store your personal information
In relation to your personal information, we hold this on our servers or those of our third party processing service providers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using the technology of our payment processing service provider. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access parts of our online site, you are responsible for keeping this confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. The transmission of information, electronically, is not secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or from our site.
How you may access, correct or enquire about your personal information
Access: We will provide you with access to any of your personal information we hold (except in limited circumstances recognised by law). Before we provide you with access to your personal information we may require some proof of identity.
Correction: if you need to correct personal information we hold, please contact one of our privacy team - see contact details below.
Enquiries: please direct any enquiries you may have about our processing of your personal information to the privacy team whose contact details are below.
Deletion: please email our privacy team (whose contact details are below) to request deletion of personal information.
How you may complain to us regarding your personal information
If you wish to complain about our processing of your personal information, you may contact our privacy team - see contact details below. We may ask you to put your complaint in writing and to provide details about it. We may discuss your complaint with our personnel and our service providers and others as appropriate. Our privacy team will investigate the matter and attempt to resolve it in a timely way. Our privacy team will inform you in writing about the outcome of the investigation. If our privacy team does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction and no other complaint resolution procedures are agreed or required by law, our privacy team will inform you that your complaint may be referred to a privacy regulator for further investigation. Links to some privacy regulators’ websites are under Privacy contacts below.
Our sharing of data overseas
We may allow your personal information to be shared with those who are in countries other than your own location. We do this:
- where we have made a business decision to store our data with a trusted service provider who is in the business of providing data storage and processing services. Examples are those who store and process our email and mobile application data. These services commonly involve diverse geographic locations which change from time to time for reasons which include data protection and processing efficiency. Where these services are used by us, it is not practical for us to notify you of which country your personal information may be located in.
How long we keep your personal information
We will hold your personal information on our systems only for as long as required to provide you with the goods or services you have requested or as we consider reasonably appropriate having regard to the purpose of our processing.
Contact details of our privacy team are:
Postal: 3 / 6 Riddell Pde, Elsternwick, VIC 3185
The Australian privacy regulator is the Australian Information Commissioner. There are many privacy resources on the Commissioner‘s website at https://www.oaic.gov.au.
Last updated: April 2021.