Online Safety and Security Tips
The purpose of Find a Babysitter is to provide a safe website for parents to find nannies or babysitters to suit their family's needs. We have a number of procedures in place to maintain this integrity.
It is of the utmost importance to Find a Babysitter that our members have a positive and safe experience when using our site. We monitor the site very closely to ensure that the jobs and profiles meet our guidelines.
Here are a few online safety tips to keep in mind when making contact with a parent or babysitter :
- Be cautious when a member claims to be overseas or outside of your area/state.
- Never accept a job or agree to employ a sitter without meeting the member in person first.
- Avoid requests for electronic money transfers, such as untraceable Paypal or Western Union transfers.
- Report any suspicious emails to us immediately.
- If it seems too good to be true, it probably is!
- Receiving an unsolicited email from a parent or sitter that refers to the contact details of a person who is not a Find Babysitter member could indicate possible fraud.
- Always ensure you have the latest version of internet browser and antivirus software update on your home and office computers.
- Keep your username and password details safe and treat them as you would your bank PIN.
For more information about staying safe online visit:
If you've spotted a suspicious profile or job that perhaps contains inappropriate content or something else that doesn't seem quite right, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org