Job details: Au Pair
I work full-time for the Queensland Art Gallery / GOMA and am looking for an experienced au pair/ live-in nanny to help me with two gorgeous boys, Felix (10) and Dash (7), and to live with the three of us as part of our family in a beautiful home in New Farm. I am looking for a commitment of 30 hours per week, starting in January 2022 in return for rent + food + bills, wifi, Netflix etc (valued at $1800/month) + $300 cash/week. The role is focused on looking after the boys from 3pm - 7pm/8pm most weekdays and occasional babysitting during evenings or weekend nannying: picking them up from school, preparing their meals, assisting with homework, some tidying up/light housework (we have a cleaner for the heavy stuff), some babysitting. I can be flexible around studying/other commitments for the right person. There may also be additional hours + payment when I am travelling for work.
You will have your own room, WC/toilet and private entrance in a beautiful home in New Farm, and will be made to feel part of our family. We are close to cafes, cinemas, excellent James St shopping, Teneriffe and New Farm parks, Fortitude Valley, QUT, local bus routes and many other amenities.
What I am looking for in an au-pair / live-in nanny;
- Excellent spoken English but another language also very welcome;
- Neat and tidy, responsible, reliable, honest, open-minded and friendly
- A professional attitude to the role and a willingness to be flexible
- Someone who enjoys cooking healthy, wholesome food and is a non-smoker
- Social person who loves engaging children and having fun
- Has some references, Working with Children check, a driver's license and (ideally) a first aid certificate
Please get in touch if you think you might be a good fit with our family!
PAY PER HOUR